Schrader Real Estate and Auction Co., Inc. was founded by Denzil Schrader when he began as an auctioneer in 1944 in Columbia City, Indiana. Denzil was soon joined by his brother. The recognition of the Schrader name was built as the auction business grew selling farms, farm equipment, and livestock throughout Indiana and Michigan.
Expansion accelerated beginning in 1967 as a strategic plan was implemented to add Schrader representatives throughout the Midwest. Growth in the 1970âs included selling land by arranging tax-deferred exchanges for many Midwestern landowners moving operations to other regions of the United States.
The Maximum Marketing Method, now known as M3 was also developed in the 1970s to maximize the sale price of large land tracts at auctions. This innovative method, energized by an experienced Schrader team, resulted in numerous strategic joint-venture auction companies being formed by Schrader.
The Schrader Company has now reached over 40 states, marketing large holdings of farms, ranches, and timberland, as well as commercial and industrial portfolios.